Ross Eison has worked in Information Technology in several capacities since 1998, beginning his career in Desktop Support, doing general troubleshooting and PC imaging. After a couple of years, he moved on to Windows 2000 servers and Checkpoint Firewalls. Since late 2001, he’s been a Network Engineer, focused on network security: firewalls, VPNs, IDS/IPS, and authentication.
Ross tries to work mostly in Linux, though Windows is certainly still in his tool bag. Why, you ask? Ross loves free stuff, and Linux is free.
Ross currently carries the following industry certifications:
- EC Council Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
- GIAC GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
- Cisco IOS Security Specialist (CIOSSS)
- Cisco IPS Specialist (CS-CIPSS)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate, Security (CCNA Security)
- Cisco Certified Security Professional (CCSP)
- CNSS Information Systems Security (INFOSEC) Professional
- CNSS National Information Assurance Training Standard for System Administrators
- Cisco VPN Security Specialist (CS-CVPNSS)
- Cisco Certified Network Professional, Security (CCNP-S)